HomePath® Buyer Incentive
Fannie Mae is currently offering buyers up to 3.5% in closing cost assistance through June 30, 2011.
The HomePath property buyer must meet the following qualifications to be eligible:
- Buyers and/or selling agents (the agent representing the buyer) must request the incentive upon submission of initial offer in order to be eligible.
- The initial offer must be submitted on or after April 11, 2011 and close by June 30, 2011. If an initial offer was made prior to the effective date, the offer is not eligible for the incentive.
- The sale must close on or before June 30, 2011. No exceptions will be made to this deadline.
- Only buyers purchasing a HomePath property as their primary residence may receive up to 3.5% in closing cost assistance. Second homes and investment properties are excluded from the incentive.
- Buyer must sign the Owner Occupant Certification Rider to the Real Estate Purchase Addendum.
- If a buyer’s total closing costs are under 3.5%, the difference will not be available as a credit to the buyer.
**Note: The deadline is approaching fast. Traditional financing deadlines may exceed the deadline. Cash purchases are most likely to clear the deadline.
Cary Daniel Blumenfeld
Harry Norman, Realtors